homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:21:08 -0400

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM, <Bunjov AT aol.com> wrote:

> Meantime, here in my junk'n'stuff, there's a map that cost me a pretty
> penny, showing which areas of NA would be inundated - and to what degree -
> should
> global warming cause the seas to rise. When I got it, back in '05, I
> figgered
> I'd head for North Dakota.
>
> Any truth to that rumor?
>
> Our area of Virginia (southwest) is supposed to be relatively safe from any
number of problems natural and man-made. Whether that's entirely true or not
remains to be seen. And with the state of things, it seems it's only a
matter of time. I remember researching how many miles we'd be from nuclear
drift at one point but don't recall the answer. I guess if it comes to that,
I'll be having a glass and hugging my family.

I stay on this list because I think homesteading is an answer. I'm not
supplying all of my famiy's fruit and vegetables, far from it, but I'm
supplying some and it's a start. Ended up with 5 gallons of blueberries
picked just yesterday--many more to follow.

Your subject is an interesting thread to pursue.

Lisa