homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:35:59 -0400

The way i see it happening is that it teeters for a while, maybe a day, maybe a year, then flips, then teeters more...it could take a few minutes or a few years to stabilize, but I think it is pretty fast. We are already getting magnetic drifting, so this is what makes folks think the time is near. Really, though, while this will be a bit mind blowing and cause a lot of disruption with technological systems like satellites and gps and other sytems in which magnetic polarity is an issue, it is completely survivable...if you were native and lived in teepees you would probably only note that animal migrations seem to be confused