homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:06:25 -0500

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

> Prime example is a t.v. new show last night. A round table discussion. One
> of the table said that Michelle Obama had been doing no-work jobs just
> sitting on boards. Another on the panel immediately piped up with "oh,
> you're calling her lazy because she's black." Ah, no, the man was stating a
> fact. She's been riding a gravy train for a LONG time and some of those
> cush jobs were compliments of million dollars grants her husband shoved
> through the IL house!

Well, the racist remarks were stupid. I don't imagine Cindy McCain is
out hustling since she doesn't need to either. It's not remarkable
that either woman is not out working 9 to 5. However, Michele Obama
last I heard was on leave from a job with the University of Chicago
(it's hard to campaign while working fulltime).

Marie