homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:21:45 -0500

On Jun 19, 2008, at 11:03 AM, bob ford wrote:

p.s. Senator Obama announced this morning that he would not accept federal campaign matching funds. On this point, that makes him a liar.
....bebopping along.....bobford

If one believes, as most politicians and many of us do also, that the end justifies the means, then there will always be position adjusting, aka flip-flopping. During the next four-plus months I expect to see much more of it from both sides as well as their supporters. I expect congressional memories to show great forgetfulness. I expect writers of all stripes to exhibit great resourcefulness with words. As I have been shouting for years, politicians do what they have to do to get elected. If you want to divine their character and need to comfort yourself as to their likely actions after being elected, then study their past, all the way from birth to the day they began campaigning-- ignore the present circus and study their history.

Repeat after me: I am being manipulated, I am being manipulated, I am being manipulated, no matter how smart I think I am, I am being manipulated.