homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:02:25 EDT

Can you show me where John McCain said he WANTED 100 more years of TORTURE??
or are you
purposefully misquoting him to try and make a point?? We are all adults
here and know that this quote is
being taken out of context as it has been by certain media outlets from the
beginning. I for one do not take what I see on the news as gospel, I watched
the interview myself and know that he was talking about the same sort of
presence we still have in Japan and Germany, not a 100 year war, and
certainly was
not saying that he wanted 100 more years of even that. I am certain he was
also not saying he WANTED 100 years of Torture. We need to question what we
hear when the media are talking and their motivation in reporting what they
do.
The very idea of following lockstep as the mindless minions of the popular
media goes against the very ideals of independence we homesteaders
traditionally possess.

Drew

In a message dated 6/19/2008 10:14:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,