homestead - Re: [Homestead] War

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] War
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:24:46 -0700

My father joined the Marines in 1938. He was a carpenter and rigger and was building Scofield Barracks in Pearl in Dec 1941. He was in several invasions of Pacific islands and was badly wounded on Guam in 1944 while clearing out a cave. They sent him home and he was here to do what several thousand other returning servicemen were doing when the war ended, starting a family. I was born in March of 1946.

Don Bowen KI6DIU