homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:59:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2008 11:24:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
paxamicus AT earthlink.net writes:

Mr McCain said he would be happy to support this war for another 100
years. You can draw your own conclusions.

No, he did not say that, here is the link to the original.
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk)
He clearly says that as long as americans are not in danger, dying or being
injured he is not against a presence like the one we have in S Korea, Japan
and Germany.

Physicians for Human Rights is not a media outlet, they are a Nobel
Peace Prize-winning organization dedicated to human rights. They
published this piece based on interviews and physical examination of
11 people tortured at Gitmo, who were released after years of being
tortured without ever being charged.

Here is the direct link again.
http://www.physiciansforhumanrights.org/
I included the WaPo piece because it was easier reading,
but if you prefer to read it directly, it is the link at the top of
the page.

The United States of America is torturing people, and everyday we let
it happen we become more and more depraved as a civilization. If
that's the result of lockstepping, I'll keep being the odd man out,
thanks.
I was referring to the media outlets use of the false mccain quote on the
100 years of war,
not torture.

Drew