homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:23:37 -0400

Mr McCain said he would be happy to support this war for another 100 years. You can draw your own conclusions.

Physicians for Human Rights is not a media outlet, they are a Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization dedicated to human rights. They published this piece based on interviews and physical examination of 11 people tortured at Gitmo, who were released after years of being tortured without ever being charged.

Here is the direct link again. http://www.physiciansforhumanrights.org/ I included the WaPo piece because it was easier reading, but if you prefer to read it directly, it is the link at the top of the page.

The United States of America is torturing people, and everyday we let it happen we become more and more depraved as a civilization. If that's the result of lockstepping, I'll keep being the odd man out, thanks.