homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:51:24 -0800

Ah, that's not the only point that makes him a liar. His whole campaign is based on his *supposed* stand on being against the war. YET, in 2004, in an interview with the Chicago Tribune, when asked about whether or not he would have voted for the war or not, his answer, "I don't know." And in yet another interview, he stated that the only difference between him and Bush, on the war, was in who was in a position to execute!

The man has lying down to a fine science and no one dares say a thing because then they get called a racist.

Prime example is a t.v. new show last night. A round table discussion. One of the table said that Michelle Obama had been doing no-work jobs just sitting on boards. Another on the panel immediately piped up with "oh, you're calling her lazy because she's black." Ah, no, the man was stating a fact. She's been riding a gravy train for a LONG time and some of those cush jobs were compliments of million dollars grants her husband shoved through the IL house!

HOWEVER, I would argue with you that McNasty has never shown courage or integrity in his life <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Nasty things occur when men are reduced to their baser instincts. This is not a phenimenom of our times. It is a clue to our origins. No candidate will stop cruelty.
I know that Senator McCain is a hard man, even an unpleasant SOB. I think, though, that he is probably no more an advocate of torture or a warmonger than Senator Obama.
AIPAC wanted the war. Now , they wanted Iran invaded first. For whatever reasons, President Bush was convinced to first invade Iraq. Unless Iran changes its attitude toward Israel, war with Iran is inevitable. The matter of which of the two candidates is elected is inconsequential on that point.
I argued this point with Tvo several years ago (Tvo ate me alive, of course). I'm not a fan of Senator McCain for a number of reasons, but the man has shown courage and integrity in his life.

p.s. Senator Obama announced this morning that he would not accept federal campaign matching funds. On this point, that makes him a liar.
....bebopping along.....bobford