homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:30:42 -0800

Oh dear, then dare I say that you were basically unschooled <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

No wonder you didn't like school. I went for my first 8 years to a
one-room school where the teacher let me do what I wanted after I
finished the county-prescribed books. That usually took a week,
maximum two. Back in those days algebra wasn't part of grade school
math, but I finished high school first year algebra (with help from
Dad).