homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:51:22 -0500

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> That's part of the point, Marie. I don't have to break into youngest's
> time. She knows what has to be done and she does it. I don't have to
> remind her to take care of her turkeys and her lambs. She choose to have
> them, she did her research and she knows what owning them entails.

Aaah, I see. Of course, if I'd chosen to have chickens and 50 head of
feeder calves, I might have been more enthusiastic about taking care
of them. As I was reminded, frequently, I liked to eat eggs and
hamburger and have a roof over my head, so I did my share of the
chores, but I hated to put a book down just when I was at a good part.

Truthfully, I must have like livestock because as soon as I could I
got some of my own.

Marie