homestead - Re: [Homestead] Views on government

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Views on government
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:18:57 -0500

On Jun 12, 2008, at 10:58 PM, Lynda wrote:

What we must do better is making people take responsibility for their own
actions! The nanny state needs to go the way of the dandy, the corset and
other nonsense of the past! We don't need more government, we need more
personal responsibility!

How shall we do that?

I'm sure you don't want to hear it again, but, ya know, the amazing thing
about homeschooling, and unschooling in particular, is that it succeeds
without Big Brother sitting and looking over someone's shoulder telling them
what to do, when to do it and how to do it.

I am a strong advocate of homeschooling and unschooling. Who shall do this for the children whose parents are both working out of the home and/or are simply incapable of understanding or guiding the process?