homestead - Re: [Homestead] Views on government

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Views on government
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:36:44 -0800

I'm real sorry to hear about your daughter, Gene, but the real problem, actually, or a big portion of it IS government getting involved.

Government is who has made it near impossible for the local level to correct a problem. The government has put some many, quite frankly, stupid regulations AND protect-the-insurance-companies-at-any-costs and protect-big-pharma-at-any-cost regulations in place, that it is a miracle that anyone survives a hospital stay.

I know, I worked in a few! And they are only getting worse, not better as there are more and more government regulations.

Sorry, a little less bureucracy, a little less good-ol-boy networking in government and a little more old-fashioned tar and feathering would do the trick.

Doctors rarely loose their licenses. Insurance companies kill people routinely. Big pharma kills hundreds of people very year. And, they all get a free pass!

Regulations haven't saved anyone. Just made the select few richer!

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

. . . and yet there is serious need for care improvement and
responsibility for mistakes. I find it impossible to find persuasive
facts for or against regulation by government or private industry. I
just know it is presently a bad situation and needing vast
improvement. I have no reason to believe that the medical industry
would do a better job.