homestead - Re: [Homestead] Views on government

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Views on government
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:29:31 -0400

On Jun 12, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Gene GeRue wrote:

A lovely dream. Know of that working anywhere?

This speaks to the same mindset of various plans that ask that
industries regulate themselves. I find it naive at best and shameful
in reality. Asking the fox to guard the henhouse. AMA certification
might well work but if it did not many would suffer. Even with
government certification there is myriad medical disaster, people
having the wrong organ removed, mixing up patients, hospital
infections galore (my daughter's meningeal encephalitis is an
example). I will not say that more government regulation will solve
all the problems, but if not, what will?

Darwinism

</snark>