homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:05:11 EDT

> >Evidently you don't care about your political leaders lying to you. I do.

Evidently you do nothing of the sort. Kucinich is lying and you are fine
with that. Your comments boil down to one sided partisan Bush-bashing and
nothing much more.

There are many political comments on this list that are beginning to reflect
an actual understanding of the situation. Beginning. That is, the the
politicians in office reflect the collective will of the people as is brought
about
by their actions and not their votes. It's the people's will that the US
continue with oil business as usual, doesn't matter who's in office. The
only way
to change what happens in the White House is for the American people to
change, not the other way around.

If staunch self-reliance and eschewing oil and industialism were to capture
the people's imagination, the need and proclivity for war and thus for
torture
and expoitation would disappear. But what happens when people try to
advocate that here, here of all places on a homestead list? "You're smug,
it's
going to bite you, just wait and see!"

It is you who don't care that your political leaders are lying to you. You
are perfectly willing for the US to use torture to keep up our artificial
lifestyle. Keep your fingers out of the oil that the war has secured and
out of
the till that is full of money because we enforced the dollar as the reserve
currency, and THEN tell me how much you are concerned that your politicians
lie
to you. </HTML>