homestead - Re: [Homestead] On certainty

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On certainty
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 11:28:54 -0800

That would be nice except that there is one problem. That money wouldn't have been here to spend on alternative energy. The money being spent on the war is being borrowed, mainly from China. We wouldn't be doing the borrowing and sinking this ship called the U.S. as fast as we are if we didn't have the war. But we wouldn't be spending money on the infra-structure or on alternative energy. The only difference would be that we wouldn't be going into debtors hell quite so quickly.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

I would have preferred for all the war billions to have been spent on
developing energy solutions that can work, on education, on health care, on
maintenance of mass transit and roads, on anything other than war. And then
there is the matter of lives lost, thousands seriously injured and all that
entails.

Thanks to Bush.

lkvp