homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:57:57 EDT

> >I'm sorry, don't remember anything like the intesity of this.

Because you don't remember (because it didn't happen) any other candidate
tying himself, his political philosophy, to a minister. This is different,
comparing any other candidate and his or her minister to the position Obama
has
placed Wright in his life falls short.

> >See, that is the difference. I don't see how the snippets of Wrights
> sermons are racist or anti-american, taken in context.

What would Wright have had to say in order for it to be racist? Specifying
that it was the White American goverment that had developed the aids virus in
order to wipe out Blacks and it was the White dominated government that
purposely gave drugs to Blacks so they could put them in jail .... just how
far does
someone have to go to be a racist and a hatemonger?

> >I really think that people are sticking with the "Obama's a muslim",
> "Obama's ministers comments" and the new "Obama's an elitist" themes
> to cover their racism.

As many have foretold, ANY criticsm of Obama will pass muster for 'racism'.
Don't like Obama for any reason whatever, ah, then you are just covering
racism.

Again, what fault could we find with Obama and it NOT be racism?

Most conversations I've heard (read) go like this:

"Well, the problem I have with Obama is ...."
"That's racist! You are just covering your racism."
"I haven't yet said what the problem is."
"Doesn't matter, whatever it is, it's racism."

Most people's (non Obamists) conclustion about Obama is that he's just this
guy. Nothing special, nothing to write home about, no reason to expect any
sort of real change. It's not a matter of him being a great statesman and
hope
for our future if it only weren't for that unfortunate Rev, Wright (Ayers,
Hady, etc. more to come). We, the non-Obamists, just deal with those
objectively
and call a ... eh ... a ... club a club. There's no hacking at the feet of
clay here becuase there is no head of gold, the whole thing is clay.

Yet, stiffling a yawn at the mediocraty of Obama is met (check some comments
on this list) with "I don't see why you are so vehemently agaisnt him." To
the Obamist, not going glassy-eyed and mumbling incoherently about 'changing
the changes that we are changing to change' is the same thing as vehement
opposition.

It isn't. I don't see anything worse happening if Obama gets elected than
anyone else who is (seriously) running.

Again, take note of appearance and telltale signs of Obamism.
1) It isn't possible for Wright to be a racist, no matter what he says.
2) It is not possible for any critcism of Obama to NOT be racist.
3) Anything less than glassy-eye enthusiasm is seen as vehement opposition.
</HTML>