homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:39:09 -0800

My favorite thing about Verizon is their "packages." So, I wanted call-blocking. they were happy to sell it to me. Well, it doesn't work. I call and get this long speech about how I'm doing it wrong. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Oh, Mr. On High says. Those parts of the package won't work in your area. O.K., then how about if you only charge me for the things that work. Oh, says Mr. Snoot, you are saving money by getting the package, so we can't charge you for only the one part that works. I said, no, it would cost less if you only charge me for the one thing that will work. To which he replies, you don't understand. We have package prices because that way it costs less. Well, I tell me, then cancel the whole thing. And, are you sitting down? to which he says . . . why?

And that is the most intelligent person I've spoken to since we moved into Verizon HELL!

I hate Versizon!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>