homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:55:44 -0500

On Apr 26, 2008, at 11:20 AM, Marie McHarry wrote:

I have wireless provided by DTN Speednet. . . . So far, they've only gone down when we had a tornado and it took down
the local tower.

In Phoenix I become spoiled by almost-instant response. Here with the satellite connection I go do some little thing while the next page is loading. Keeps the butt from becoming glued to the chair. The only outages are during storms--the rain between the dish and the satellite obscures the signal. Inasmuch as we here are conditioned to shut everything down for storms anyway, it is not a big deal.

But I do lust for streaming radio.