homestead - [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:20:10 -0500

I'm pretty sure that my area will not have cable in my lifetime. The
phone company is also not likely to offer DSL (when I finally gave
them up and went to cellular only service was bad or non-existent in
wet weather when the strings got wet).

I have wireless provided by DTN Speednet. They have their problems
too, but they have been providing data for farmers for years, and they
are conscientious. Farmers get all pissy if they can't get their
market data before their coffee in the morning.

So far, they've only gone down when we had a tornado and it took down
the local tower.

Marie