homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:59:41 -0500

On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

And you, sir, have a bad habit of glossing over things you'd rather pretend
aren't true and making less of statement than it was.

Please provide an example.

(If I were being crass,
I'd remind you about your outright dismissal of Housing Bubble that no one in
thier right mind now denies). That is a bad habit; it weakens your credibility.

Well, you found the right word, yes, you are being crass. As you well know, my objection was--and still is--with the word bubble. I have explained that in detail but your selective memory has chosen to forget.

"Making more of a statement" is refered to by others as seeking a deeper
understanding.

Putting words in someone's mouth; stating that they said something that they did not say, is not seeking deeper understanding, it is simply a shameful tactic. Some would call it lying.