homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:02:51 -0800

And no one said he *meant* to offend. We said he was in an ivory tower and had no clue that what he said would/could be offensive. Which, btw, is rather more scary than offensive.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

You have a habit of enlarging, of extrapolating, of making more of a
statement than it was. That is a bad habit; it weakens your
credibility. I did not say "only." You did.

A statement can certainly be intended to be offensive. It flies in the
face of reason that someone running for president intended to offend
voters who will decide his future at the ballot box.

I've got to put this post in my archives for future reference.

No charge.