homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:15:50 -0800

We went to war for oil, the problem is that the oil wasn't for "us," it was for the boys with the big $$ that floated the presidential campaign. Halliburton and others are making billions and they are the ones getting the oil.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Speaking of quotes taken out of context, the little McCain ditty has to top
the charts. He was answering a question about when we would be 100 percent out
of the middle east and pointed out that as we are still in Germany and Japan
more than 60 years after those wars that it may be decades or even 100 years
before the last american is out in light of our past history. I have heard
Obama and Clinton say that McCain was predicting the war would last that long
and that he intended to keep fighting. As we are clearly not at war with
Japan and Germany, and that was his analogy, he did not mean the fight would last
that long.
As for the oil, I sure wish we would actually get a barrel or two
instead of paying full price on the open market. It seems that if that is why we
went to war, we would not be paying so much for it now... I have no hope any
of the three will make major changes in the oil arena as all 3 are taking
money from the oil interests.