homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:35:02 EDT

> The comment was taken out of context and have been used as a bludgeon by
> the
> McCain and Clinton campaigns.

I don't think it's that simple, Don. In context or out of context the
message reads pretty much the same. That is: The former way of life based
on
industrial jobs has been gone for 25 years and Bush and Clinton have promised
you
that they can bring it back, they can't, but I can." Obama's are not the
SAME
flawed and failed policies, the are NEW flawed and failed policies. They do
not take in the insight and courage to say, "Those jobs are NEVER coming
back,
no one can make them come back, it's time to do something else entirely, like
not consume so much."

None the less, in context or out, Obama is saying "The only reason you people
are supporting gun rights and are involved in religion is because 'You've
never had a friend like me (the Genie in Disney's 'Aladin')." In one
idiotic
statement Obama has belittled and alienated two important foundation stones
of
American life that were here long before he was on the scene and will be here
long after he's gone from the scene (which, as things are playing out, might
not be long).

He stepped in it big time.

James </HTML>