homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:54:32 -0800

The DOE didn't get into the business of state and local public schools until after WWII. Schools got along just fine without it. AND, I can't think of anything or anyone who could make it worse than Gates. Talk about wanting to create more little consumers, that's your man!

IF there must be public schools, then the feds and the states need to get out of it and return control to the parents. Just like ag, local, local, local.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

Ok, in your world you demolish it. What would you do instead? : )
BTW, in my world it wouldn't be school. It'd be a Summer Hill thing,
with as much emphasis on skills and trades and arts as everything else
traditionally academic.

I'm open to suggestion, since I was just amusing myself slightly.