homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:40:42 -0400

Eh, it's not unrealistic criteria, we are pretty clear on priorities and wants and musts. No, the real issue is Roy wanting to go North and me feeling like we'd be better off in the South, somewhere. I was really feeling weird about going South, about being an obnoxious Yankee, but our trip to West Virginia last week reminded me there is a lot more to the South than dueling banjos. There is a tradition of hospitality and civility that I had somehow managed to forget, living as I do in what is essentially an extension of Washington, DC, and not the South at all. I reckon if I am an obnoxious Yankee who is open to reeducation I'll be ok. ; )

Anyway, that's my frustration. In the end we will find the right place and make the decision together but in the meantime keeping abreast of everything everywhere so I can keep throwing out possibilities is making me a little goggled eyed and cross. I just want OUT of here so I can be settled somewhere. I am such a hermit at heart.

Who do YOU want, Mr GeRue? Care to voice any whacky choices?