homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:30:32 -0700

On Mar 22, 2008, at 8:56 AM, franksfarm AT aol.com wrote:

Sorry guys:)

Seems I stirred up some responses!

Well, don't know if someone already told you, Frank, but your big message came to us in quadruplicate. You either have a twitchy Send finger or your e-mail program needs reprogramming.

Thanks to all for the kind words. I've always enjoyed this list. Some real nice people: kind, caring and sharing!

You don't spend a whole lot of time here, do you? We have some moments.

I should have realized that the topic of ANY candidate would stir up quite a bit of discussion.

The best way to learn if your e-mail program is mailing and your server is serving is to send a political post to the homestead list.

True " discussion" and argumentation based upon reasonable proofs and support can help us focus and may even lead to us changing our minds.

I wonder. Okay--OPEN QUESTION TO EVERYONE ON THIS LIST--have you ever changed your mind on who you would vote for based on anything read here?

However, that seldom happens and often comments,speeches etc. are widely distorted by our own views and prejudices.

To me "prejudice" , discrimination of any type is normally just plain WRONG!

But it does strike me as comical that some complain Obama is too slick, too much of a politician.

I'd had to laugh ! With so many different issues, different agendas, different groups etc. is it no wonder that most of those running for political office need to tread carefully, and often are fearful of expressing beliefs which they feel might be misconstrued, or unpopular with some groups!

I think many of us will agree. This country is going down hill ( though still the best country in the world.) I fought for this country, wrote a blank check for my life when I signed up to serve. So, please don't accuse me of lack of pride? in our country, or being unpatriotic by stating the obvious: We have problems!

That's why Obama's message on Change is so appealing to me. And we certainly can't fault him for rising above his background. getting a good education; becoming so articulate etc. etc.

Just my two cents:)

Stand back.