homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:54:02 -0500

Only God knows what will happen when the next president takes office.
Right now Al Qaida is in Pakistan, and allied forces in Afghanistan
are killing more civilians than the Taliban are. Obama has said that
his overriding concern is terrorism, which means some kind of military
presence in that area. He's also said that Afghanistan should have
been stabilized before any other military adventures were undertaken.

I think that Obama is less likely to make things worse by US actions
than either of the other two candidates. Whoever becomes president is
going to have a tough time with the mess that's been made.

Marie