homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:23:00 -0400

franksfarm AT aol.com wrote:

But it does strike me as comical that some complain Obama is too slick, too
much of a politician.

As I watched my Formula 1 race at 02:30 this morning(live from Malaysia), I was thinking about how Obama is kind of like Lewis Hamilton...both biracial wunderkind...there are a lot of similarities, IMO. I was thinking about all the Obama hype and I thought, hey, we can call it the "Hamilton effect", remembering all the hoopla about rookie driver Lewis Hamilton from last season that continues into this one...BUT then, I realized that Hamilton was not the first of his kind either...that honor, I think, belongs to Tiger Woods....
So, I am henceforth going to call this "The Tiger Effect"

Do they have an interesting background? Absolutely.
Have they overcome adversity, both ethnic and economic, and kicked open barrier doors? Absolutely.
Are they good at their jobs-"slick"? You bet.
Are they the best that ever was, or at least better than all other current players in the game? Only time will tell, but it's doubtful.
The sad thing about hype, or "the Tiger effect" is that no one can ever live up to it, and they will surely disappoint.
That being said, I think the Senator from Illinois will be our next President. I wonder if we are really ready for the change we seek.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky