homestead - [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:33:50 -0400

Gene asked: I wonder. Okay--OPEN QUESTION TO EVERYONE ON THIS LIST--have you
ever
changed your mind on who you would vote for based on anything read here?

Jeanne answers:
At 73 I can proudly say that I have never missed casting a vote in our
presidential elections As the years pass I find it more and more
discouraging to try and select a candidate. For the past two, maybe it is
three, elections I have voted for independants. This time I want to vote for
someone that I think will have at least a chance to do a good job. (yea
right!) Being a woman I would like to vote for Hillary, but just can't do
it. Obama is getting closer in my mind at this point, and I really
appreciate any and all messages sent by this group. I value all of the ideas
and comments. It gives me much to think about!
My confession is that I do not watch the news, nor do I read newspapers. Too
stressful. So almost all of my information comes from the internet. At this
point I can't say that this group will sway me one way or the other, but many
of you are very well read and seem to be able to produce much food for
thought. Reaping the benifits of so many who have "done their homework" is
making the job of reaching a final decision easier for me.
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6