homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: franksfarm AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:56:11 -0400

Sorry guys:)

Seems I stirred up some responses! Thanks to all for the kind words. I've
always enjoyed this list. Some real nice people: kind, caring and sharing!

I should have realized that the topic of ANY candidate would stir up quite a
bit of discussion.

True " discussion" and argumentation based upon reasonable proofs and support
can help us focus and may even lead to us changing our minds.

However, that seldom happens and often comments,speeches etc. are widely
distorted by our own views and prejudices.

To me "prejudice" , discrimination of any type is normally just plain WRONG!

But it does strike me as comical that some complain Obama is too slick, too
much of a politician.

I'd had to laugh ! With so many different issues, different agendas,
different groups etc. is it no wonder that most of those running for
political office need to tread carefully, and often are fearful of expressing
beliefs which they feel might be misconstrued, or unpopular with some groups!

I think many of us will agree. This country is going down hill ( though still
the best country in the world.) I fought for this country, wrote a blank
check for my life when I signed up to serve. So, please don't accuse me of
lack of pride? in our country, or being unpatriotic by stating the obvious:
We have problems!

That's why Obama's message on Change is so appealing to me. And we certainly
can't fault him for rising above his background. getting a good education;
becoming so articulate etc. etc.

Just my two cents:)