homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asparagus

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asparagus
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:29:36 -0800

I'm putting in another 150' of peas this year because they rarely make it to the table or they end up being munched while I shell them and only a few make it to the pot. I wanted peas to put in the freezer but they never make it. Hopefully I will have remedied this with the additional rows. Either that or I'm gonna have to keep DH and the kidlet out of my garden <g>

I'm also having to put in another two beds of strawberries. They never make into jam. Everytime someone walks outside they grab a handful and eat them.

It's hard for me to actually get enough to the house to make a recipe.
I usually eat half of it raw on the way back to the kitchen. :)
I'm the same way with okra...love it raw!