homestead - Re: [Homestead] Selling lambs for meat

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Selling lambs for meat
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:45:43 EST

> My understanding of Virginia laws is that I can't sell meat, I have to
> sell live animals. So how do I figure out how to split up animals,
> sections, relative prices, etc? I am completely out of my
> depth here, I never butchered horses.

In Virginia, find the people you want to sell the lamb to (the meat) and take
the live lambs to a small scale slaughter/butcher business. They will kill,
chill, and pack the lamb for a per pound price and your customer picks up the
lamb there, paying you for the lamb and the other outfit for the processing.
All on the up and up.

James </HTML>