homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asparagus

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asparagus
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:56:34 -0400

My husband has taught me "the only acceptable way to eat corn". You have to have the pot of water boiling before you go out out the garden, you pick one ear, you shuck it as you RUN back to the kitchen, boil it for exactly three minutes, and then eat, slathered with butter. . ;-D He makes me laugh.

When I introduced to the lusciousness that is roasted corn with flavoured butters I think he lost his head altogether for a little while. You've done that, right? Thrown them right next to whatever you're grilling and turn regularly until the husk goes black. Or even better, just wait till the fire has gone down and push them right into the coals. Yum.

What I really want are fresh blueberries picked right off the bushes and eaten till my lips are purple.

*ahem* Pics of grand babies?