homestead - Re: [Homestead] Asparagus

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Asparagus
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:38:11 -0400

I'm so excited for asparagus after reading how you fry it. I don't know if
ours will make it to fried, but maybe.

We have never grown corn. I know. Don't say it. I'm not the best gardener
but I'm not giving up.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> What I really want are fresh blueberries picked right off the bushes
> and eaten till my lips are purple.

We pick for 2 1/2 to three weeks straight from mid-June or so until about
the 4th of July. We didn't get any fruit last year (no blueberries,
raspberries, peaches, apples, pears) due to the East Coast 5-day Freeze. It
was *sad*. The good news is that we had enough from '05 & '06 that we're
just starting to run low on blueberries. This year we are ready. I am eager
to make jam, pie filling and wine.

Lisa