homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pacifism

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pacifism
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:40:01 -0800

I have a real problem believing that Ghandi was a true, dyed in the wool
pacifist. When you stir things that you know will result in death, then I
think you've crosed the line from pacifist to simply a political activist.
Just because he didn't carry a gun and fight a war and had a belief in
*supposedly* peaceful demonstrations didn't make him a truly peaceful
person. He knew that his acts would result in violence. I think he suffered more from martyr syndrome more than having a true belief in pacifism.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

Ghandi would disagree.

I'm not saying I think you are wrong in how you feel, I'm just saying,
Ghandi walked right under the clubs. The Honoured Uncle gave the
Robber his last shirt.