homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pacifism

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pacifism
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:33:59 -0700

On Mar 8, 2008, at 1:22 PM, VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Do you think there are times when we must fight??
Times when the alternative would be even worse?

Must? That is an imperative. Of course, we must fight to protect ourselves or those we care about. Unless we choose to be martyrs.

I once had a concealed weapon permit. I had a perfect score on the written examination. One of the laws one must follow regards when deadly force may be used. It is when we believe ourselves or another is in peril of death unless the attacker is stopped. At such a moment one does whatever is possible. Immediately.