homestead - Re: [Homestead] Certified Humane- Was Selling lambs

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Certified Humane- Was Selling lambs
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 23:34:33 -0500

> toward pacifism,
> one of the few subjects on which Tvo and I disagreed. I wish I then
> had this quote to offer for his consideration: "I am not only a
> pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for
> peace. . . . Is it not better for a man to die for a cause in which he
> believes, such as peace, than to suffer for a cause in which he does
> not believe, such as war?"
> --Albert Einstein

If one fights for peace, then on cannot be a pacifist, by definition:

pacifism

Main Entry: pac·i·fism
Pronunciation: \ˈpa-sə-ˌfi-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French pacifisme, from pacifique pacific
Date: 1902
1: opposition to war or violence as a means of settling disputes;
specifically : refusal to bear arms on moral or religious grounds
2: an attitude or policy of nonresistance

Rob - Va