homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:41:11 EST

> I urge people to become highly informed before voting. Do not listen
> much to what a campaigner says they will do; study their full history
> for what they will try to continue to do.

Usually good advice, but this time it is to no avail. The housing crash and
it's accompanying credit and monetary crashes along with the arrival of Peak
Oil are creating the perfect economic storm. All three suviving candidates
are
either clueless or are ignoring the situation. As it stands, it won't
matter a whit which candidate gets elected president. There are things afoot
the
president can't remedy.

Well, maybe it will matter some. When the economic crisis comes to a head,
whoever's watch it is on, thier candidate, party, and philosophy will be
discredited and blamed for our lifetimes. </HTML>