homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:33:52 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

Backhoe is my first choice. All second choices are real sad: picks, shovels and several different wheelbarrows.

For digging a post hole nothing beats a good post hole digger and digging spud. My digging spud is five-feet long with a chisel edge on one end a tamper on the other.

Picks come in many shapes and sizes and my favorite has a flat side on one end, is it called a maddox?

Other important homesteader hand tools: post maul and sledge hammer, ice scraper, forks of all shapes, pruning shears ...