homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ireland

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ireland
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:39:02 -0500

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 7:37 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I thought what you said was awesome..that's why we have a list, so that
> perchance we glimpse another's reality and learn a different
> perspective.

Me, too.

Sitting here wearing my green Guinness sweatshirt. I aim to live w/ my
family in Ireland for a year or two within 5 +/- years (though the boys may
not want to go and will be old enough where they will be in college or have
jobs, etc.).

In another lifetime I was a flight attendant for a non-scheduled carrier, I
spent many hours in Ireland back then and have wanted to return ever since.

Gaelic looks to be an impossible language to learn. I humor myself and
motivate my dream by thumbing through the phrase book now and then in an
attempt to learn a word or phrase while waiting on the computer.

Ba mhaith liom pionta leanna, which means I would like a pint of beer
(thinking ahead to later in the day).

Lisa