homestead - Re: [Homestead] Teamsters endorse Obama

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Teamsters endorse Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:25:12 -0700

On Feb 23, 2008, at 7:09 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

We don't have, as we once did, the strength of
being the major producer of goods in the world and the major agricultural
country.

I have recently been reading papers and articles by Austan Goolsbee, Obama's economic advisor. In one of his articles he shows the real percentages of stuff we import. It is far smaller than I expected. We are still an economic powerhouse and largely self-sufficient.