homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:11:24 -0800

At 11/6/2007, you wrote:
The height decadent cuisine is 'whitened molasses' on cornbread. Preferably
the molasses is from sorghum and is the premo "blackstrap" variety.

With a green tint. I still have a little bit from the last trip to Missouri. They did the squizzin at the show and boiled it down. Good stuff. My uncle used to raise a patch of sorghum for molasses.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com