homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:38:27 -0600

Gene and Don,

Thanks for the additional information. In my one-track, narrow-gauge mind, I wasn't even thinking of political consequences. I had in mind the health consequences of obesity, as well as diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

Jerry S.

At 04:44 PM 11/6/2007, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:
At 11/6/2007, you wrote:
>Not too long ago, I received a brochure from the USDA, in which
>parents were encouraged to serve more fresh vegetables to
>children. The brochure suggested that sugar be added to vegetables
>in order to entice children to eat them. I was, and still am, appalled.

It was USDA and what do you think is one of the most subsidized and
protected crops?

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com