homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 05:05:38 -0700

On Jun 6, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Fuel and its price is dynamic. It's not possible to identify an alternate
fuel at its present cost and imagine that if everyone used it, the price would
stay the same. </HTML>

Well written post.

I can think of two possible answers, only the second one feasible eventually for more than farmers and homesteaders. First, wood. Seems to me that Tvo had given us some answers on that. Second, the prime source of energy, the sun. If in fact we drove electric vehicles and if solar charging gave us enough umph to move us to James' suggestion of one town trip per week, then that is sustainable. The price of the sun does not go up with more widespread use. In fact, as electric vehicles become more widespread, their price should drop.