homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:34:43 -0800

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and lots of positive energy. Hope the job turns out to be a good thing!

As to the favas, I first experienced them back in the 50s when one of our neighbors was from Egypt. Hmmmm, seems to me they were called ful (pronounced fool) something or another. Reminded me of refried beans with lots of garlic and cumin but also a taste of lemon. Quite good.

However, I don't like them because they are a PITA. <g> Being a history nut (both history history and food history), I found it interesting to follow their path from deep in the Mediterranean to them being considered to somehow be credited as something English.

"historical cultural food"....that's what I was trying to say!! Thank
you.
I have to go to work today, first day in the real world paying job, but
I want to post on this thread!!! Maybe this evening.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.