homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:44:55 -0800

Same up here, Toni. 88.87% white and supposedly .45% black but in 3 years we've seen only one person who was black and he was a tourist that was just passing through. .47% Asian but we haven't seen any, although there is a Chinese restaurant in the "big" city (population 3550) but everyone we see working there is white as white can be. Supposedly 3.97% of the population is "Hispanic or Latino of any race" but other than the family that owns the restuarant, I guess everyone else is hiding.

We moved because of the isolation and the fact that it is somewhere that LA will never discover and even if they do they'll run screaming back to anywhere else. <g> Never thought we were moving to Wonder Breadland.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

There are supposed to be maybe 2 Mexican families in this area, but no
one i know has ever seen them. This is one heckuva caucasian area. When
i go where there are people of different colors, i almost want to hug
them unknown!!
When we moved here, my girlies and i made up a game - Count the Redheads!
Toni