homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:35:15 -0800

Gotta be true love if he's working at that kind of place! You better start getting your "cuisine" section of the garden up and going so you'll be ready and then he'll be happy! Of course, we'll all expect an invitation!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

Lynda, you lucky ducky!
I brought my CA boy (actually 61 now) who is a trained chef and
bluesman to come live out here - in the land of no restaurants or any
people of color to play blues with - and he hasn't left! He is
definitely a stranger in a strange land. I look forward to when his
retirement starts, as maybe he will have the energy it takes to cook for
me more again ;) I got spoiled, as he courted me with international
cuisine. Now, he has a yucky, menial job here making nutritional
supplements and creams for an awful boss. He has no good will or energy
left after that to make my tastebuds sing with joy like in the ol' days.
Maybe he will hold out another year or two in the job - if he lives thru
the poor treatment there.
THEN, i will be gloating about what he fixes me for dinner on this list!!