homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:46:31 -0800

Well, we are sorta transplants up here <g> The only thing I'd like to change/teach folks about is how to keep their blooming mongrels home! Well, I take that back, I wish the neighbor would find someplace to sleep besides right smack dab in the middle of the road <g> The man has carved his driveway out of part of our property and we ignore that but the drinking and then sleeping in the middle of a barely one lane private road is a bit of a problem.

Now, I'll trade James some Texans for those Californians. I'm really tired of being told just how glorious Texas is and how nothing in California can match Texas, how expensive it is to live here, how the schools aren't any good, how there is too much traffic, blah, blah, blah. I finally told one gal that if it was so blooming marvelous there I'd buy her a bus ticket and she could go back. Funny, she has spoken to me since <g>

Lynda, who loved visiting *almost* everywhere in the U.S. and listening to the stories of the locals and collecting recipes and loved living in Mexico and collecting still more recipes <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

BTW, i am one of those CA'ns transplanted here who has no aim or desire
to tell folk to try it another way - unless they say they want to. I
love it here, and found a true home. My ancestors were KY'ns, since the
1800's, and i am the first generation with a bland, CA accent! It was
like coming home, tho i never knew it until i settled in.
Home is where the heart is, and not all of us want to change or
enlighten others, thank goodness!!
Thanks again,
Toni