homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise~
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:24:41 -0500

Lynda,

I agree. One gets very tired very quickly of people denigrating where they currently live and bragging about where they left. I'm a native Texan and know that Texans can be some of the world's worst in this regard. "Ain't no place like Texas," a Texan will say, and the rest of the world silently says, "Thank goodness."

A Texan was teaching his son about manners. "Son, never ask people where they are from. If they're from Texas, they'll tell you. If they're not, don't embarrass 'em."

Jerry,
who has lived in several foreign countries: Viet Nam, Mexico, Missouri, Rhode Island, District of Columbia, but content to be in The United State of Texas for the time being.